In written sources Berioza had been mentioned for the first time in 1477 as a village of Slonimskogo and in 1521 as a settlement of Kobrynsky region of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. In 1706 here took the place a meeting of Peter the Great with August II, the Polish king. From 1795 Berioza had been part of the Russian empire. From 1921 Berioza had been part of Poland and from 1939 it had been part of the Belarusian Soviet Socialist Republic. From January 1940 it has been given a status of a town, the centre of the district. In the post-war period the town has been developing and growing at a quick pace. In 1992 there had been 26 thousand inhabitants in Berioza. The town may be rightfully called an industrial one for there is a concrete product plant, an engine repairing plant, a feed fat and bone meal plant, a building material plant, a silicate product plant and a meat-packing factory.
The following architectural monuments have been preserved in Berioza: the Cortesian castle and monastery (XIX century), the Peter and Paul church (XIX century).
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]