Before 1861 Buda-Koshelevo was a village where state-owned peasants of Koshelevo volost, Rogachev uyezd (district), Mogilev province, lived. The settlement began to grow after construction of the Libavo-Romenskaya railway in 1873. Nowadays Buda-Koshelevo is an administrative, economic and cultural center of Gomel oblast (province), one of its largest agricultural districts. The population of the town is about 10 000; most of the townsmen work at the local enterprises, such as the public corporation 'AMPIAK", the state-owned forestry enterprise, the public corporation "Buda-Koshelevo cheese", the cooperative industrial complex, the poultry factory.
The Svyatonikolayevskaya church was built in 1994 by the means of people and town enterprises.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]