In the XVI century the village entered into the Mstislavl military government of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Starting from the year 1772, Dribin became a part of the Russian Empire.
The Dribin district was formed as an administrative unit on the 17th of July 1924 in the compound of the Orsha District of the BSSR. During its existence time the district was repeatedly abolished and restored (in 1931 and 1935, in 1959) that influenced negatively on the economy development level. In the year 1989 Dribin once again obtained the regional centre status in connection with the breakdown of the Chernobyl atomic power station and with a mass resettlement of the inhabitants of the Krasnopolie, Slavgorod and Cherikov districts to the non-contaminated areas. There a 6 villages have been built in the district for the resettling people. An industrial enterprise works, "The Dribin creamery factory" Open Joint-Stock Company.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]