For the first time it was mentioned in 1430 as a village Khotiml in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Starting from the year 1772 it became a part of the Russian Empire. From the February 1935 it appears to be the centre of the Khotimsk district.
Khotimsk is the most eastern district of the Republic of Belarus, nowadays its population consists of more than 7 thousand people. The district refers to the agricultural ones. Its industrial potential is represented by 6 enterprises. The most prominent of them are the following: a cooperative industry combine, the regional agricultural and industrial technology, a flax factory.
The Region is proud of its celebrated compatriots among which there are Philosophy and Law Professor L. F. Evmenov, Medicine Professor E. V. Kostenevich, V. Y. Braitsev, writers A. A. Zaritsky, P. F. Prikhodko, M. F. Korpenko.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]