Kalinkovichi was first mentioned in XVIII century but archeological dig indicated that people lived there in the Bronze Age. The settlement began to grow during construction of the Polesskaya railroad. Since 1926 it is a town. In 1924Ч1930 it was a district center as well as since 1939.
Nowadays the public corporation "Kalinkovichi meat-packing plant", producing 300 kinds of high-quality sausage and specialties; and the public corporation "Kalinkovichi bakery", producing groats, flour, bread, fodder, are economical leaders of the region.
For some years republican festival of humor "Avtyuki" has been take place in the district.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]