For the first time it was mentioned in the written sources in the XIV century, in one of the documents connected with the noblemen family Osmolovskie. In the XVII century it was known as a settlement in the Mstislavl' military government of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Starting from the year 1777 it became a center of the district. From the year 1781, Klimovichi had its own emblem.
A present-day Klimovichi appears to be an administrative, economic and cultural regional centre of the Klimovichi district with the population of more than 16 thousand people. Five enterprises carry out the industrial products manufacturing: "The Klimovichi liqueur and vodka factory" Republican Unitarian Enterprise, "The Klimovichi Dairy Factory" Open Joint-Stock Company, the metal goods factory, the bread factory, "The Klimovichi Combine of Bread Products" Open Joint-Stock Company.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]