Loev castle with a settlement around it existed in the XIV—XVIII centuries. The settlement was first mentioned as Loeva Gora in 1505 when Crimean Tatars crossed the Dnieper and reduced Loev to aches. The population of present-day Loev is 7 500. The industry includes the public corporation "Loev dairy", an industrial complex, producing building materials, and workshops of "Agrotekhservis".
The Monument of Glory, high 18 m, was erected in 1966 to the honour of the soldiers of the 61" and 65th armies who have liberated the district during the World War II. The museum in commemoration of the Dnieper battle was opened in May 1985; its exposition representing the machinery of World War II.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]