It was mentioned in 1566 as a king's village "Rita Malaya" of the Polesye volost in a revision report from the Berestejskoye place. Rita Malaya was part of the Berestejskij district and an area of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. In 1921 it went to Poland. From 1939 it had been part of the Belarusian Soviet Socialist Republic. From January 15, 1940 Malorita had been a town settlement, the centre of the district, and from February 23. 1970 it has had the status of a town.
The following enterprises operate in Malorita: "The Malorita canning and vegetable drying integrated works" OJSC, "The Bison" Limited Company and "The Diona" Unitary Production Enterprise of "The Belarusian Society of Invalids" Public Amalgamation.
There are some architectural monuments preserved: the Saint Nikolaj's church (XVII century, Malorita), the Saint Paraskevinskaya church (XVII century, the village of Orekhovo), the Saint Prechistenskaya church (XVI century, the village of Chemyany), the Manor of the Trojekourovys whose life was depicted by A. S. Poushkin in his novel called "Doubrovsky" (the village of Velikorita"). The natural monument of the Republican scale is a King-oak in the Pozhezhinskoye forest area. The oak is 800 years' old, its height is 46 meters and diameter of its trunk is more than 2 meters.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]