For the first time it was mentioned on the Lithuanian Metrics in the year 1468 as a town village, a center of volost of the Grodno District. By the documents of Rech Pospolitaya kings, it obtained some privileges on the basis of the Magdeburg right. Starting from the year 1663, weekly markets and 2 trade fairs per a year had been carried out over there. In the first part of the XIX century, the navigation and the timber floating increased. In the middle of the XIX century, the number of the loaded vessels redoubled.
From the 12th of October 1940 it became an industrial community, a center of the Mosty Region. Starting from January 1949 it became a urban village, from July 1955 — a town.
In Mosty a Joint-Stock Company "Mostodrev" operates, a cooperative industry combine, a rent combine of the domestic services, the Regional Agroindustrial Technique work.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]