Till XX century the town was divided into Old and New Myadel. Old Myadel is known since 1454 as a town of Vilnya province. In 1762 Magdeburg rights were granted to Myadel. New Myadel is known since 1463. From the beginning of XVII century till 1775 in New Myadel were held local courts and from 1661 — local councils.
On the 17th of November, 1959, Myadel became a borough; on the 12th of December, 1998 — a town. Myadel is a center of Myadel' district.
A number of architectural sights has survived: Stanislav Carmelite's Catholic Church, Catholic Church with housing estate (1713—1714), the village of Zasvir; country estate, XX century, the village of Komarovo; rubble-built Catholic Church, the 2nd half of XIX century, in the village of Konstantinovo. Just by Myadel is situated the largest in Belarus lake Naroch (length — 13 m, width — 10 m), which is considered a symbol of Belarus. There is no better resort, than Naroch. A plenty of sanatoriums, rest homes and tourist centers are waiting for guests. Naroch is like a Myadel's visiting card.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]