Narovlya was known since the XVIII century as a private borough. Since 1793 it was a part of Russian Empire. Since 1971 it is a town.
Narovlya is an administrative, economic and cultural center of Narovlya district. Polessky radiation and ecological reserve was founded after the Chernobyl disaster on the territory which was left by people. In the district there are 86 objects of note, including 39 historical, 41 architectural, 26 cultural, 10 archeological monuments. 4 objects are of importance for the whole country, 2 of them are the palace and parks ensembles originated from the beginning of the XIX century.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]