Rogachev was first mentioned in 1142, probably, it was a part of the principality of Turov. At the end of the XIII century it was a part of the Great Duchy of Lithuania. Since 1567 it was known as a fortified castle having strategical importance. The town began to develop rapidly at the beginning of the XX century, after construction of the railroad Mogilyov — Zhlobin in 1902.
Nowadays Rogachev is a city; it is an administrative, economical and cultural center of a district. There is the factory "Diaproector" and enterprises producing food (the largest of them is a concentrated milk factory), building materials, compound feed, etc. Architectural legacy of the XIX—XX centuries includes a chapel, a college for the nobility, a building of the town council, an apartment house, a site of ancient Rogachev.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]