In the written sources for the first time it was mentioned in 1503 as Zenovichi estate. In 1793 it became the part of the Russian Empire.
Nowadays the urban village Sharkovschina is an administrative, economic and cultural center of the Sharkovschina region with the population of 7,5 thousand people. The industry is represented by 4 enterprises: UPP "Tinned food and vegetable dehydration plant", UPP "The center of cooperative industry", UKP "The building materials plant", UPZP "Koopzagotprom".
The architectural monuments are: the Estate house (XX century), Uspenskaia church (1912) in the region center, the cathedral of the Annunciation (1787), the Bowery (XVIII century), a church (the beginning of the XX century) in the v. Germanovichi, the chapel (XVIII century), the Bowery (XVIII—XIX centuries) in the v. Divnaya, the water mill (XIX — the beginning of the XX century), a Mikhailovsky church (1744— 1756) and the church of the Holy Virgin Nativity (1794) in the v. Luzhki, Iliinskaia church (1825) in the v. Shkuntiki.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]