Starye Dorogy was first mentioned as a village called Dorogy in Glusk volost (district) of Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Starye Dorogy was held in turn by Golshanskys, Khadkeviches, Olelkovichys, Radzivills (from early XVII), Vitgenshteyns (from 1820s); since 1846 Starye Dorogy is state-owned. From late XVI century Starye Dorogy was a borough lying along Slutsk-Borisov highway. In 1668 there were 34 houses in the town. Later 6 km east from the town a settlement of the same name occurred, that's why the town's name was changed to Starye Dorogy.
In 1896 a railway station "Starye Dorogy" of Libavo-Romenskaya railroad was built 2 kilometers west from the town. Around this station a settlement developed, later it became a part of the town of Starye Dorogy. On the 17th of July, 1924, the town became a center of Starye Dorogy district.
Nowadays Starye Dorogy is a beautiful modern town, its population is about 12 thousand. Industries include butter-dairy, bread-baking plant, mechanical plant, clothes factory. St. Nikolay Orthodox Church is active. Some architectural sights have remained in the district: post station (he 2nd half of XIX century, the village of Paskovy Gorky), wooden Orthodox Church (the middle of XIX century, the village of Yazyl).
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]