They are known since XVI century as a Grand Duchy mestechko that was founded by castle. In 1758 Ushachi obtained Magdeburg right. Since 1776 it is a center of Polotsk Principality where Sejms formed. Since 1793 is a part of Russian Empire.
Nowadays Ushachi is an urban town, administrative, cultural and economic center of the Ushachi district. There are architectural memorials such as farm (XIX c) in the Orekhovka village, Bernardine's church (1726) in the Sorochino village survived in the district.
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]