Voronovo is known, according to the written sources, from the XVI century, as making part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. In the year 1735 Y. Spizion, a koshtolyan of Smolensk, a senior man of Lida, opened a school in Voronovo and a collegium of patres piarum. During his rule Voronovo was a center of the area. From the year 1921 it made part of Poland. From the year 1939 it made part of the BSSR, from the 15th January 1940 it became a regional center, from the 12th of October 1940 — a urban village.
In the Region the following monuments have been preserved: the Ioann-Baptizer's Roman Catholic Church (the years 1900—1906, village Benyakoni), a landscape type park with a country estate house (the beginning of the XIX — beginning of the XX centuries, village Bolteniki), a House-Fortress (the years 1611—1612, village Gaityunishki), the Wooden Roman Catholic Church (the year 1789, village Zhirmuny), the Petropavlovsky Roman Catholic Church (1803—1812, village Zabolot).
Guide to towns and district centers of Republic of Belarus. A.V. Varivonchik [etc.]